Responder al Tema Página 1 de 1
Using a Mac for Yuvutu vids
Autor Mensaje
Mensaje Using a Mac for Yuvutu vids 
As a recent immigrant from a PC to a Mac I'm understandably having fits trying to adapt to a new way of doing things. One of the most frustrating things I've run into is trying to find out how to upload an acceptable video for you all.
I'd previously been using Premiere Elements to edit and create our projects in DV-AVI format and then using Windows Movie Maker to convert the large files to a much smaller .wmv format. I found the results to be a little more grainy than the originals but quite acceptable for web posting. (Feel free to have a look at our videos to see if you agree.)
Now, on the Mac, I'm using Final Cut Express for editing and creating the files in .MOV format. Unfortunately, as with DV-AVI, the files are too massive for uploading and that format isn't permitted here anyway. I've tried rendering our projects to the file formats that are allowed here at yuvu but the resulting video is horrible. There's no way I'll show my wife's beautiful skin ruined by artifacts, etc LOL. Windows Movie Maker won't work with .MOV output so I can't even transfer them to my PC for conversion to .wmv .
So, Mac users, what settings are you using in Final Cut Express to create the erotic masterpieces you're posting here? Or, after paying an arm and a leg for the Mac, do I have to pay yet again for a third-party app to convert our projects to a file format that's suitable for this site.
Any input would be appreciated

Ver perfil del usuario Enviar mensaje privado
Mensaje RE: Using a Mac for Yuvutu vids 
Google converting .mov to .wmv and you'll find free software to get it done. Not use if using compressor would help or converting to H.264.. Good luck

Mensaje  
Media Now is a good one if you can find it

Mensaje export 
open the video in quicktime 7 and go

File > Export

The are a bunch of different formats there

The same options should be in FCP.

Ver perfil del usuario Enviar mensaje privado Enviar correo
Mensaje  
Thanks guys, I appreciate all of your advice. I've been able to find a workaround for this. Through a lot of trial and error I've managed to blunder into a suitable combination of format/codec etc that seems to allow Final Cut Express to give us acceptable results, as I said earlier the defaults really did suck. If anyone else with FCE ever wants to know what worked for me, just ask.
Re a converter: I'm really glad I didn't have to go that route, this whole process has been complicated enough without having to figure out yet more unfamiliar software.
Re Quicktime: Version 10 came installed on the machine and, as far as I can see, all "Save As" options are various resolutions etc of .MOV .
I wish someone in-the-know could post a FAQ to Yuvutu that would spell out the settings to use for the most common editing apps and operating systems for other budding film makers. Banging my head against a wall with this ALMOST took the fun out of it LOL.
Thanks again to all that took the time to offer your input.

Mensaje  
surelike2 escribió:

Re Quicktime: Version 10 came installed on the machine and, as far as I can see, all "Save As" options are various resolutions etc of .MOV .

Thats Quicktime X not Quicktime 10. Everyone gets confused with that. Quicktime 7 is included on the Mac OSX install disk you got with the computer. You should see an "Optional Installs" app on that disk. From there you can install QT7

Ver perfil del usuario Enviar mensaje privado Enviar correo
Mensaje  
Thanks Big, I'll look into that as well then.

Mensaje Using FCPX - export in HD but upload to YVT is low-rez... 
Despite the fact that I export in 720p H.264 for example, when I convert the file to M4V, it uploads fine but it gets pixelized... I used to be able to post in HD but that does not seem to work anymore. Any thoughts?

Mostrar mensajes anteriores:
Responder al Tema Página 1 de 1