Responder al Tema Página 1 de 1
reject self raters
Autor Mensaje
Mensaje reject self raters 
Hello Admin

It seems that some members are voting on a grand scale for their own videos.
A good current example for that, is the member drotker and his video

http://www.yuvutu.com/modules.php?name=Video&op=view&video_id=190709

Is it possible for you to stop this kind of activities?

have a nice day
Jos

Ver perfil del usuario Enviar mensaje privado
Mensaje  
I'm not admin, but I'm just thinking...

a) How do you know this is the case?
b) Why is this any of your concern?
c) What harm is being done?

Mensaje Who wouldn't vote for themselves? 
I've thought about this before and I'm glad someone else agrees. I think that not being able to rate your own videos would add to the authenticity of the rating system. Of course the person that posted the video thinks it great, but they're biased. I think the ratings are there for the OTHER users to give a rating of the video. If someone is giving themselves 5-stars every time they can, at first glance a vid is going to look better than it really is.
Take two videos that have equal "hotness". One member stops in everyday and give him/herself a 5-star rating. The other member does not do this. The first video is going to have a higher rating, especially at first when there is a smaller amount of votes even though it is not really any better than the first.

Mensaje It's not the self-raters that is the problem 
It's not the self-raters that is the problem, it's the few posters who make their stuff look good by down voting all the other vids around theirs. I have seen some beautiful, amazing, truly sexy videos on the Hottest list disappear from sight in a matter of minutes once they got close to a certain poster's video. I have a very short list of posters who I am convinced do this and make a point to return the favor when I see vids I love get suddenly downgraded. I will keep my list to myself, but the best place to find the ones doing this is to keep an eye on the Hottest All-time list. When recent hot videos begin disappearing suddenly from the first page on that list in favor of videos that are older and if a poster ends up with several older vids on the first couple of pages, let's just say I get suspicious. Out of the many thousands of vids, that's only going to happen if the poster is downgrading others. It is much, much easier to move up the lists by downgrading someone else's videos than to rate your own highly. For instance, if a video is rated 4 1/2 stars, it takes 9 5-star votes to cancel 1 1-star vote. A poster sure can move up in a hurry by doling out 1-star votes to those videos ahead or just behind their own.

I don't think this is a problem for the Admin. Users who love yuvutu as I do need to watch for the downgraders and serve them back. It is the only way the problem will cease. Just be careful and don't make a hasty judgement. It took me a few months to feel certain of only a couple of posters doing this. If someone wants to spend hours giving themselves 5 stars to raise their rating, then I just feel sorry for them. But I get angry when it becomes obvious they are downgrading excellent videos.

Lew

Mensaje  
kyxtian escribió:
I'm not admin, but I'm just thinking...

a) How do you know this is the case?

That's very simple.

His Video http://www.yuvutu.com/modules.php?name=Video&op=view&video_id=190709

a) Has just medium technical quality

b) No main stream content.

c) Has no description, so no one can find his videos with the search function when they are older.

d) After a view days his video suddenly reached the top ranks.
The days before the video was not on the first five 'Hottest' pages.
At the same time the rank of the following top videos, which were on the top three ranks for 9 days, were falling down rapidly.
http://www.yuvutu.com/modules.php?name=Video&op=view&video_id=180886
http://www.yuvutu.com/modules.php?name=Video&op=view&video_id=179063
http://www.yuvutu.com/modules.php?name=Video&op=view&video_id=185948

e) Every time he posts a video it happens the same.

So it is quite obvious that he pushes his own video and rate others around hin down.
For me this is simple antisocial behaviour and I think other members will agree this.

The implementation of a CAPTCHA querie before voting, should stop stop this.

Btw. He not the only 5 Star self rater.
The users dildo25, roll-a-fat1, ssms, ramon007 are the top self raters. But it seems that they don't rate down the videos of other members.
Watch them especially on the 'Hottest / All time' rubric and you will see that I'm right.

Mensaje  
I noticed that some poor vids with no comments are rated 5stars as soon as they go up and end up as 2 stars later. Some of ours get a 3star or less rating at first, I think they are deliberately rated down for some reason. But there are people that seem to deliberately have a go. one mexican member always bugs us and posts an insulting comment to every vid. The comment t gets deleted, but shows there are wierdos out there. I think you shouldn't be able to rate your own and a you shouldnt be able to vote more than once on any vid.

Mostrar mensajes anteriores:
Responder al Tema Página 1 de 1